Weightlifting & Exercise/program

Am 63 yr old female,closed fractured clavicle 6 wks ago,went to rehab Dr. said I could go back to my job on the 15th of May. I wanted to strengthen my arms and the rest of my body and weight could definetly use tweeking. Other than the recent rehab I have done no walking or any training. Joined PF and this is the program they gave me. Day 1 treadmill 11-20mins, arc trainer 15min, then tricep press, bicep curl,shoulder press, rear tow pull, lateral pulldown, chest press, Pec fly, ab crunch, ab leg lifts, all exercises will be 3-4 sets 12-20 reps. Day2 & 3 are similar. Do u think they got me mixed up with someone else? Also have 3 compressed fractures in spine, was unable to tell him this because just spoke with him one day and then this program was emailed to me. I would like to be in better shape, is this something that you think I am capable of doing now.

Hi Shaon,

As long as you keep te weights low and use good form, you should be able to do this and it will help lose the weight as well as strengthen the body, start slow and work your way up. If you are concened that this is too much then you should really contact your physician or therapist.

I would check with the physician or therapist first to be sure then do the exercises as outlined, but do verify that they have the right person and that they do know about all injuries.

Hope this helps]

Have a great day

Weightlifting & Exercise

Jerry Goodwin

I can answer questions related to any of the following areas alternative medicine, fitness, physical education, weight training, senior health, bicycling, personal trainers, personal training, medical technology, health and wellness, eating disorders, weight loss, Naturopathy, first aid, and bodybuilding. In fact I was listed as an expert in each of these categories at askme.com until they closed down

I have worked in health and or fitness related capacities for over 30 years. My main profession is that of a Medical Technologist, but I also have training as a Corpsman with the US Navy, a Field Medic with the Army National Guard,and am certified as A Personal Trainer, Medical Exer-therapist and Aerobics Instructor through the National Academy for Health and Fitness. My wife and I have operated BMG Services Fitness and Nutrition in Moultrie Georgia since 1995. I also have an Associates Degree in Computer Robotics. I am an avid bicycle rider, mostly road riding with the occasional mountain trail or off road "experience". My wife and I usually do a charity ride at least once per year to help those less fortunate. Degrees & Certifications: Certifications include Clinical Laboratory Scientist CLS/NCA. Clinical Laboratory Technologist CLT/HHS Personal Trainer, Aerobics Instructor, and Medical Exer-therapist NAHF. Advance Weight Training through NAHF. Accepted as AFTA Associate Awards include the Ohio State Award of Merit and Ohio Special Services Ribbon, Army Commendation Medal and 2 Army Achievement Medals CPR re-Certifcation 2007 Web page: http://www.bmgfitness.com http;//www.healthandfitnessebookclub.com