Weightlifting & Exercise/training

hello Daniel : I am 56 years old. I have started going to gym. one day I do some weight lifting and quats and etc. the next day I do cardo, and the next weights and  then the next day cardio and so on. my question is how many days should I go before I take a full day off , no cardo or weights thank you

Hey George,

You could play around with doing 3 times a week weightlifting and 2-3 days cardio depending how you programmed your training. For example

Monday/Wednesday/Friday: Weight lifting (whole body exercises)
Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday: Cardio training

If you feel that your feeling too drained, take off a session and wait until next week to see if you can do 3 sessions weight training and 3 sessions cardio. Always go with how your body feels, derease the intensity of the work outs if your body is too sore/too fatigued. We want o overload the body so you can get better and your body to adapt but not to overtrain where you feel tired throughout the day.

Hope this helps

Weightlifting & Exercise

I can answer Strength training questions, Fitness, sports specific training, injury rehabilitation and lifestyle behavior changes.

I train primarily athletes and regular people who need to get back in a fitness routine.

NSCA; The National Strength and Conditioning Association ACSM; The American College of Sports Medicine CSEP; The Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology NASM; The National Academy of Sports Medicine

Check here at www.fit2assist.com for further information on how to start building yourself, improve your body and live better.

I am an Exercise Scientist & Strength and Conditioning coach with 6 specializations/credentials, - Strength Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength and Conditioning Association, primarily dealing with athletic performance training. - Corrective Exercise specialist (CES) and Sports Performance Coach (PES) with the National Academy of Sports Medicine. - An Health fitness Specialist with the American College Of Sports Medicine - An Exercise Physiologist with CSEP. -TRX Group Qualified instructor.