Weightlifting & Exercise/Demerits of weight training

Question
hello Mr David
         I just want to ask you about the demerits of heavy weight training with motions like powerlifter.
         does Isometrics gives the same result,and if yes why the people always talks about only that type of training(motion as oppose to motionless) but not isometrics,not even Arnold,he also dont mention it.
Thanks in advance

Answer
Hello Nishant

Depends on your goals in life.
Are you looking for strength, or mass, or a combination of both?
For mass; minimal movements and heavy weights.
For strength; lighter lifts and a lot of movements.
Remember that rest is when you get progress in your lifts.
Not during the lifting.
The more rest you give, the more you will gain.
I lift once a week. When I was younger, mass was my goal.
Now I do light weights and 40-300 reps. For definition.
Isometrics is good for lifting heavy. Lift and hold the weight. Less soreness and less chance of injury. 1-3 reps will work for this.
Arnold's followers wanted to read about lots of reps, lots of heavy lifting.
He failed to mention the extensive use of steroids in his lifts and great genetics.
That is why very few people achieved his definition and mass.
Now that Arnold is old, the mass and definition is gone. Due to the same steroids that he took when he was younger. He no longer takes steroids, but the damage is permanent.

Weightlifting & Exercise

David Dickeson, A.S.