Weightlifting & Exercise/Muscle/Weight Gain

Question
I am a male in my mid twenties. I have been extremely thin my whole life. I am trying to gain muscle/gain weight as much as I can in the next two months and be proportional. Can you recommend a program for me assuming that I am available to exercise every day for the next two months. I will plan to continue after these two months as well.
Thanks

Answer
Hi John and thanks for your question. Ill be upfront to say that in the first 6-8 weeks your body does not have much muscle growth.  Many fitness programs online, muscle magazines will say otherwise but it takes a good 3 monthes if you want to see some sort of dramatic change in muscle size. The reason for this is that it takes time for your body to adapt, and the markers for muscle growth depend majorly on increasing testosterone production in the body.research has found that the 3 month window usually is when this  starts to occur. In the initial phases your body builds up on strength and neuromuscular coordination ( figuering out how to control the weights,, movement patterns etc..). The best part of this is if we know what to work on, we can make sure we make the most out of it so we get the most gains as possible in this window.

i wont  be able to give you a full plan, just because i havent assessed you sp i dont know your individual needs but i can tell you if you are just starting out to follow some guidelines (and ill give some exercises that you should be focusing on)

focus on 8-10 exercises  2-4 sets total of each muscle group is sufficient at the start. work on large muscle groups. Working large muscle groups will increase testpsterone production in the body more then small exercises. For example doing a back row vs a bicep curl.. a bicep curl works biceps and the back row is a back exercise but is also working the bicep.. your still doing the work but small muscle groups are not the main focus

work on whole body exercises. The exercise squat to curl to overhead press is a whole body exercise that stresses the whole body from the legs to the core all the way to the shoulders. The other benefit to this is that you are training to strrntghen your body as a whole not just aj isolated small movement. Push ups are also good, planks are great for building a strong core and near the end of the training session you can focus a bit on the smsller muscle groups. I would say 85-90% of the program should focus on whole body exercises, large muscle groups, core exercises ( super important) and then the smaller muscle groups ( bicep, tricep etc...).

I would also suggest including a dynamic warm up of 10-15minutes just to warm up the body to get you ready for the activity thats about to occur. Follow the end of the work out with stretches of 30 seconds of 1-2 sets od all major muscle groups. Eventually you will find some muscles more tight then others. I would say from that point you aredoing good, your learning what needs to be worked on. Focus on the muscles that are tight and stretch them so they lenghten, while strenghten the muscles that are weak. We always want to keep our body in balance when we train so we dont get injured.

If you are able to focus for 3 monthes you will see some major changes. But the best lart of this is that even after those 3 monthes you should be able to continue to see major gains, but you need to be consistent or the magic doesnt happen. In the fitness industry 50% of people drop out of programs in the first 2 months. Knowing this and the reality of the situation, you need to make a program that will be able to last so you can continue it and be consistent so you dont stop when life gets busy
most trainers will avoid telling you this because they want to make money but im telling you, if you want the most gains it will be from what your doing consistently and if you have the right plan

i hope this helps.  I know its long but i wanted to explain myself so you get a bigger picture of what is important..  

Weightlifting & Exercise

Daniel