Weightlifting & Exercise/Muslce/Weight Gain

Question
I am a male in my mid twenties. My entire life I have been extremely thin. I am trying to gain muscle/gain weight as much as I can in the next two months and be proportional. Can you recommend a program for me assuming that I am available to exercise every day for the next two months. I will plan to continue after these two months as well.
Thanks

Answer
Hello John

Are you going to a gym? Then focus on the weights. Lift every other day. You build muscle mass during the resting, not during the lifting. So rest is very important.

Listen to your body. If you are in pain afterwards, you are lifting too heavy. Rest, recover,
the go back to the gym.

Are you lifting at home? Anything with weight can be used. Even pails of water. Make sure that when you lift, you keep your elbows, knees, and back, slightly bent. This will force your muscles to hold the weight, not your bones.

Both gym or home; slowly increase what you are lifting. When lifting you should have slight difficulties. If you are straining and in pain; too heavy!

Forget the mirror, forget the scale. Change will come. You will not see it in a mirror. Use photos. And the scale? Weightlifting makes you heavier. Muscles weigh a lot.

Good luck with your endeavor.  

Weightlifting & Exercise

David Dickeson, A.S.