Weightlifting & Exercise/feeling depressed

i am 21year old male 61kg and 5.6ft. i started gyming 1.5years ago to improve my performance in kick boxing and martial arts (am not a pro i am in 3rd year engg now).
i started isolation workout in the beginning and 7-8months ago i included powerlifting in my workouts to increase explosiveness. i did pushpress,powerclean,jump squats and deadlifts for that.
yesterday there was weightlifting competition organised in my department(ie mechanical dpt.) and i took part in it. i learned pushpress techniques from youtube and then a bit from my coach who is actually a bodybuilder and not a powerlifter. i can lift 50kg in pushpress but yesterday in the heat of tournament i lifted 55kgs but still i lost coz winner pressd 60kgs and there were two of them who lifted 60kgs .. they were purely amateur and used absurd technique but still they lifted coz they had raw power(kind of gifted) i never saw them in gym coz am working out in college gym since my first year engg. .i cudnt attain 3rd position even coz i couldnt lift 55kg again due to fatigue..
sir i thought i will be the winner but i lost it. i feel depressed. i couldnt sleep last night. all my efforts seem to be wasted.
i live in a hostel so i dnt have access to powerlifting coach or anything. it was just a small competition but still i lost. i feel like my ego is hurt. sir am about to cry while writing this.
i never came first in any sport since my childhood days coz i was born weak but i tried my best to make myself strong but my efforts are wasted i guess.
next year or 7-8months later inter department weightlifting will be organised in my college and i know competition vl be even more tough but i want to lift 75kgs in that competition.
so can i do it?
1:wat should i do to achieve this goal?means how to improve my push press. i lost coz i think my shoulders and forearms were weak(i couldnt clean 60kg wt. off the floor)but my legs are stronger than other people in college gym.
2.can i take creatine monohydrate with whey isolate to improve strength?
3.can i achieve my goal coz in this gym i dnt have access to proper powerlift equipmnts like flexible barbell and fibre plates and even belt for back support isnt available(i can buy belt that if u vl say and we have velcro belt in our gym).
if i loose again then i wont be able to workout again coz i have a dream of becoming not only just fit but brutally strong and different from others.
i dream of becoming an mma fighter.sorry for so long question.. plse help me
thank u

ANSWER: Rishabh,

First off take it easy on your self, look at all you have accomplished and don't get upset that you did not perform as you would have liked. There are always going to be days we fall short and times when we really excel so keep training. Be careful not to over-train. Train hard up until say a month before the event your are competing in, then have some days you train light mixed with heavy days. The final week before the even train hard and heavy. Remember to warp-up and stretch before and after your workouts. As far as Creatine this is a supplement but don't look at it as the magic formula that will make you unbelievably strong. You can take it if you want, I would focus more on a well balanced diet and adequate rest after training. As far as can you achieve your goal, I can't answer that because I don't know what you have and how dedicated you are as I don't know you. However, at the very least you can improve. Keep getting those large muscles (Legs,Shoulders,Back and Chest)really strong and increase your triceps, biceps and forearms as well. I would advise to keep utilizing youtube for proper exercise form as you do not want to injure your self. Don't dwell on the fact you were born weak, we can all overcome our weaknesses it is all in the mind. Good luck my friend.

QUESTION: so what should be my routine to build strength? like 2days powerlifting and 2days isolation or bodybuilding type of workout..4days a week vl be enough for me or i have to train harder? can give me a schedule which you think vl be most suitable for me. coz am a bit confusd coz i dnt know what should i do in my workout after this failure..
thank u

So I would say 4 days a week no more if training heavy as your body needs time to heal and repair it self to make strength and size gains. Bang out legs one day, do chest and triceps and shoulders, the next followed by back, traps and biceps the next. Note you can take a day off in between, that will not hurt your progress, in fact seeing as you will be training heavy it may be beneficial. Try to eat lots of protein after working out as well to heal your muscles. You can work your abs any day you want. Don't focus too much on isolation exercises, go for compound movements that utilize several muscle groups such as clean and jerk, burpees etc.

Weightlifting & Exercise

Greg Hoppe

I can answer questions on proper exercise technique, starting as well as growing in attaining your fitness goals and questions regrading how the human body works from an exercise physiology standpoint. I can assist with any questions regarding anatomy & physiology, stretching and rehabilitation. I am also extremely well versed and experienced in martial arts, self-defense and massage therapy.

I have a B.S in Physical Education and a Black Belt in an eclectic martial art. I am also a certified Fitness Therapist through ISSA and a massage therapist. I can assist with questions regarding hiring a health and wellness professional as well as growing and succeeding in the field for those already working in it.

ISSA, Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals

B.S. in Physical education, Black Belt, ISSA certfified Fitness Therapist.