Weightlifting & Exercise/funny question

Question
QUESTION: I notice that when I tighten my glutes, my thighs are slim, then there is an indentation, where underwear sits, and then these "things" (are they fat muscle) jut out right above that.  They look like little "butts" but I see them facing myself straight on in the mirror and as far as I know, the glutes are supposed to be behind you, not off to the sides.  Is this fat or is it a muscle I never knew about?? HOpe you got my description, as I don't know the correct words/muscles to describe.

ANSWER: there is a several inch variance of where one's underwear would "sit".  As far as "glutes". There is the gluteus maximum which is the part you sit on and the gluteus minimus which is on the side along with several other muscles.

All of that having been said, without knowing your body fat % , workout program or where you actually wear your underwear,  the best bet is do do a google search for "muscles of the legs" and see if there are any muscles in the area about which you are concerned

Dianne

QUESTION: Thanks for that explanation. So youre saying that there is a gluteus minimus that should jut out a bit to the sides of the hips??  That must be what it is, but I'm sure with some fat, but at least I know it's not all fat, right?, it would be in line with my hip bone, that's where it is, it sits right in line with my hip bone that stems from pelvis.

ANSWER: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=muscles+of+the+legs+and+hips&qpvt=muscles+of+the+legs+and+hips&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=A8EBBA1A48B20B691C33F2084F620863B066264C&selectedIndex=0

As I said, knowing nothing of your workout or body fat % , it's hard to know. A lot of women who do squat jumps or a lot of squats with a wide stance build too much muscle which makes their hips look wider. Above is a picture of the thigh?glute muscles from the side. You should be able to figure it out from there

QUESTION: From a body fat calculator, my body fat is 18.74 (just using tape measurement) of waist, hips, neck, etc.  

And I do 60 minutes of cardio/5 times a week, and yes I do wide stance squats, many of them.  Only with body weight.
So perhaps that helps to explain it.  ANd yes, it would probably be the medius muscle then,  thanks so much.  Just hoping for your opinion.

Answer
If you want to know why doing cardio 5X a week is a good way to teach your body to STORE fat, read my blog post about steady state cardio
HERE

Also, whether you do them with body weight or heavy weights, using a muscle to failure produces fiber damage. When the fibers repair, they grow. If you want a firm, tight butt, squat with your feet slightly in front of you and keep them parallel to one another and about hip width apart.

dianne  

Weightlifting & Exercise

Dianne Villano