Weightlifting & Exercise/Ab roller wheel

Question
Karen
I am 57, a bus driver by trade. A lot of my fellow drivers, even much younger ones, have back issues. My back is still good, probably because I take care of it-lots of exercise and stretches and good posture. I would like to retire with a good back too. I saw an ad for the ab roller on TV and I had to bite. at $25 bucks no big deal. http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Workout-Iron-Gym-Abdominal/dp/B00NI4NUFC/ref=sr_1
This one has a coil spring, so it helps push you back upright. Would this be a good addition to my workout? Should I use it for long slow stretches or as an aerobic type workout? Thanks!

Answer
Hi Bud sorry it took so long to get to this, it got lost in my email.  Ab Rollouts are a great exercise if you are using the correct muscles when doing it, if not you will do more harm then good. I have a few trunk stability exercises on my website that may help.  Make sure you can do all of those first.  Keep the core stable and do not allow the low back to become a prime mover in the exercise and you should be good.

http://completely-fit.com/blog/exercise-library/

Good luck!

Weightlifting & Exercise

Karen Skidmore