Weightlifting & Exercise/Chronic problem

Question
Hi Dianne- Im Russ. not sure if you can help but here goes. After receiving countless tests no doctor can figure out what is wrong with me. Whenever i put any strain on my abdomen (even the slightest) it triggers burping, fullness and pressure that can last days to months depending on how it is triggered. I can do very very light weight resistance exercises and then i start burping like crazy and the next day i will feel fullness and discomfort after I eat. this is going on for almost 7 years. i dont have a hiatal hernia and all my tests were negative. My GI doc just tells me its a functional GI disorder. The big problem now is that I feel like my muscles are weakening due to inactivity and a recent test showed my testosterone is low as well. My doc said "you gotta start working out buddy" - well believe me i wish i could. I am 10 lbs underweight and when i do something physically demanding i get winded very easily. I just had a 4 day ski trip and i literally could not ski beyond 2 days cause my muscles are so out of shape. I am desperate for some help so thought i would try this website. thanks for listening and any feedback would be appreciated.

Russ

Answer
Hi Russ,

I'm not quite sure of your question.  The only answer to muscle atrophy and lack of cardiovascular fitness is to work out. If your physician has diagnosed the problem, it is up to him to clear you to work out or not.

You have to make the decision as to whether or not being in shape to enjoy the activities in your life is worth some burping.  

I wish I could be of more help

Dianne  

Weightlifting & Exercise

Dianne Villano