Weightlifting & Exercise/Muscle loss

Question
Hi! I'm an 18 year old girl looking to lose muscle mass to achieve a smaller frame. Over the past couple of years, I've lifted heavy weights and my frame has gotten a decent amount larger from when I would only do cardio. My question is would it be better to do long cardio workouts or interval training to lose the muscle mass I've gained? Thanks!

Answer
Muscle begins to atrophy within 10 days of disuse. If you want to lose muscle mass, all you need to do to lose it is stop lifting hard and heavy.  Cardio isn't particularly necessary but, unless you are training for an endurance sport, long cardio workouts are pretty worthless

Weightlifting & Exercise

Dianne Villano