Weightlifting & Exercise/Query on tests and plan for workouts

Dear Jerry,
I am an aspirant for ripped photoshoot modelling. I have been gymming since past eight months with no considerable results. Also, i am allergic to nutrition supplements that were given to me so far. The phc protein supplement causes me itching on physical contact and irritation and coughing at night post consumption(It was persistent throughout, even first time when i took it , i felt issues which never healed with time).The C4 pre workout causes me pin pricky feels throughout my body with pain at back near the kidneys. In order to design effective workout plan and nutrition plan as per my goals, kindly suggest me the medical tests that I must go through.

The ones according to my problem i think i must take are :
1. Allergy test : to choose proper nutrition
2. Hormonal test : to check if there such issue(Bodybuilding conest winners have recommended me Ansatrozole for 10 days.)

Kindly suggest me the list of tests I must go for before i take any medical action.Its crucial to my career life.

Thanks and regards

Hi Devanshu,

You will and should see an allergy specialist, in the US these are physicians and would be the ones that would have to order the tests you mention as well as any other tests that they feel are needed and followup tests as needed.

The tests you mention would definitely be on the list I would want, and there may be others but a physical examination and a complete health history would be very important to deciding what els may or may not be needed.

I would definitely get these done before taking any supplement since you have had problems with some. Sometimes it is not the supplement that causes and allergy but the "fillers".

Hope this helps

Have a great day

Weightlifting & Exercise

Jerry Goodwin

I can answer questions related to any of the following areas alternative medicine, fitness, physical education, weight training, senior health, bicycling, personal trainers, personal training, medical technology, health and wellness, eating disorders, weight loss, Naturopathy, first aid, and bodybuilding. In fact I was listed as an expert in each of these categories at until they closed down

I have worked in health and or fitness related capacities for over 30 years. My main profession is that of a Medical Technologist, but I also have training as a Corpsman with the US Navy, a Field Medic with the Army National Guard,and am certified as A Personal Trainer, Medical Exer-therapist and Aerobics Instructor through the National Academy for Health and Fitness. My wife and I have operated BMG Services Fitness and Nutrition in Moultrie Georgia since 1995. I also have an Associates Degree in Computer Robotics. I am an avid bicycle rider, mostly road riding with the occasional mountain trail or off road "experience". My wife and I usually do a charity ride at least once per year to help those less fortunate. Degrees & Certifications: Certifications include Clinical Laboratory Scientist CLS/NCA. Clinical Laboratory Technologist CLT/HHS Personal Trainer, Aerobics Instructor, and Medical Exer-therapist NAHF. Advance Weight Training through NAHF. Accepted as AFTA Associate Awards include the Ohio State Award of Merit and Ohio Special Services Ribbon, Army Commendation Medal and 2 Army Achievement Medals CPR re-Certifcation 2007 Web page: http;//