Weightlifting & Exercise/regarding tests for workout

Dear Karen,
I am an aspirant for ripped photoshoot modelling. I have been gymming since past eight months with no considerable results. Also, i am allergic to nutrition supplements that were given to me so far. The phc protein supplement causes me itching on physical contact and irritation and coughing at night post consumption(It was persistent throughout, even first time when i took it , i felt issues which never healed with time).The C4 pre workout causes me pin pricky feels throughout my body with pain at back near the kidneys. In order to design effective workout plan and nutrition plan as per my goals, kindly suggest me the medical tests that I must go through.

The ones according to my problem i think i must take are :
1. Allergy test : to choose proper nutrition
2. Hormonal test : to check if there such issue(Bodybuilding conest winners have recommended me Ansatrozole for 10 days.)

Kindly suggest me the list of tests I must go for before i take any medical action.Its crucial to my career life.

Thanks and regards

I'm sorry you are experiencing so many issues. I think it's safe to say your body is not tolerant of chemical additives -- that's what in most supplements on the market. I am also sorry to tell you that I believe this issue should be handled by a physician. This is totally out of my expertise...and I think anyone giving you recommendations should have an M.D.  
I'm sorry I can't help you but it goes beyond my expertise. Best of luck.

Weightlifting & Exercise

Karen Fili Sullivan

Get on the inside track with Karen and her daily advice. Or on FacebookLIKE us at ZWL - Zen of Whole Living I have more than 30 years experience and can help with lifting technique, muscle recovery, weight loss, body building and powerlifting. I've been certified by AFPA as a Personal Trainer and 12 years ago acquired a second certification from the same agency as a Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist. Any recommendations or advice rendered are based on fitness information as specified by the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Fitness Professionals and Associates. Follow my Blog on

Almost 25 years coaching and training. Wow! I feel old. Before that I was a competitive bodybuilder and powerlifter (ask my Chiropractor -- he can tell you). I have trained kids ages 12 to 89. From sports specific training to stroke rehabilitation. I love helping people move more gracefully, powerfully and safely.

A few.

Published in Spring of 2013 The Zen of Weight Loss: A Mindful, Livable Approach to Fitness Get your copy at Square Market.

English with a Journalism concentration was my college education. My training has been with my mentor, Jack Michaels, ACSM and professor at the College of William and Mary. My certifications are with the American Fitness Professionals and Associates. AFPA. I hold a certification as a Personal Trainer and a Post Rehabilitation Exercise Expert (Isn't that a mouthful?l). My continuing education requirements have been fulfilled at a number of organizations and are monitored by AFPA. I keep my Red Cross CPR and First Aid current.

Clients include athletes training for marathons, mountain climbing and general weight loss. In addition I have clients troubled with COPD, Fibromyalgia, and Parkinsons as well as stroke rehab. She was the Strength and Conditioning coach for Williamsburg Aquatic Club, a USA Swim Team, in Williamsburg, Virginia for 3 years.   Karen is presently working at Main Street Gym in Historic St. Charles, Missouri where she teaches Pilates and continues her work with clients. Her training reaches across the country with her long distance Body Restoration eTraining. Her dedication to fitness reaches into the nutritional supplementation with Shaklee products. She only works with clients who add nutritional supplementation to their training. Read more of her story on