Weightlifting & Exercise/personal training certification

if i got NASM certification in personal training and a lot of experience, would i be able to start my own personal training business?  if not, what would i have to do, because im going to school for computer science, but i want to start my own business to help pay for college.

If you got your NASM cert and are willing to work at it you can start your own business with or without a lot of experience. The certification gives you credibility and the training you received to get that certification is a sort of experience, so the simple answer is yes of course and you can make some pretty good money too.

I started at a local gym and just picked up clients as I could around a full time work schedule until I was making enough to set up my own studio which I later closed due to expenses, but I still was "training" people in my own home and theirs.

Hope this helps, have a great day,

Weightlifting & Exercise

Jerry Goodwin

I can answer questions related to any of the following areas alternative medicine, fitness, physical education, weight training, senior health, bicycling, personal trainers, personal training, medical technology, health and wellness, eating disorders, weight loss, Naturopathy, first aid, and bodybuilding. In fact I was listed as an expert in each of these categories at until they closed down

I have worked in health and or fitness related capacities for over 30 years. My main profession is that of a Medical Technologist, but I also have training as a Corpsman with the US Navy, a Field Medic with the Army National Guard,and am certified as A Personal Trainer, Medical Exer-therapist and Aerobics Instructor through the National Academy for Health and Fitness. My wife and I have operated BMG Services Fitness and Nutrition in Moultrie Georgia since 1995. I also have an Associates Degree in Computer Robotics. I am an avid bicycle rider, mostly road riding with the occasional mountain trail or off road "experience". My wife and I usually do a charity ride at least once per year to help those less fortunate. Degrees & Certifications: Certifications include Clinical Laboratory Scientist CLS/NCA. Clinical Laboratory Technologist CLT/HHS Personal Trainer, Aerobics Instructor, and Medical Exer-therapist NAHF. Advance Weight Training through NAHF. Accepted as AFTA Associate Awards include the Ohio State Award of Merit and Ohio Special Services Ribbon, Army Commendation Medal and 2 Army Achievement Medals CPR re-Certifcation 2007 Web page: http;//