Weightlifting & Exercise/Heart health

Question
At my last physical nearly a year ago my doctor said my triglycerides were too high and my HDL was too low. Also from my own observation I have plenty of belly fat to lose. I feel like I'm so cramped up inside and clausbiphobic that I am really trying to jog more. Every other day I walk for an hour at night. I am trying to get my heart rate up to feel less drag inside my veins all the time. I decided I should walk and jog a total of 1 hour each time and 15-20 minutes of it be spent doing sporadic jogging. Usually 3 minute intervals. The first jogging I do I jog about 0.5 miles and each time try to extend the length a little. Does this seem like a reasonable routine for losing weight or at least helping with cholesterol? I know losing weight may require other exercises but at least as far as cardio? I am 5' 11" 210lbs and 34 years old.

Answer
Hi James,

I am glad to hear you are doing something for your health. I would suggest that you can do quite a bit more and get even better results. You will need to combine a good healthy diet with cardio and resistance exercise to get the quickest and most healthy benefits.

As far as cardio goes it sounds as if you have a good handle on that, now start a healthy nutrition program, then add in resistance exercises and intensify the cardio, you will find that as you exercise more you will have more energy to exercise. You will also find that you build muscle and lose bodyfat.

Measure your progress by measuring bodyfat percentage, not just scale weight.

You should also find that your Triglycerides go down your HDL will be going up, and your heart risk will go down.

I have a program on my other computer that I would love to send you but it is currently in the shop, not sure when I will get it back. When I do I will send the program to you through allexperts

Hope this helps

Have a great day

Jerry

Weightlifting & Exercise

Jerry Goodwin