Weightlifting & Exercise/Muscle gain and fat loss

I am an skinny fat ectomorph with an objective to loose belly fat and gain muscles. Age 26, have never been into any kinds of sports in past.

The material on the internet is too vast and extensive that its hard for me to understand what exercises to do. I am working out since a year,using the machine readings in gym fat has fallen down, but muscle gain is nil.

Can you please tell me some technique that i get benefits of blood circulation of cardio for strength and endurance and my muscle also doesn't loose.

I know the information on the internet is overwhelming! This is the way I like to look at it. The body is like a giant science experiment, and we have to select what combination of foods and activity we need to do to make gains.

Every person is unique. So here are my basic instructions:
1. Begin by getting a spiral bound notebbook where the pages are contained in one place....much like a diary. In that you will track your data.

2. Make note of your beginning weight and perhaps measurements around your midsection at the belly button. Them put it away. I only tell people to measure or weigh every 30-60 days.

3. Date each page and record what you eat. . . how you feel afterwards too. If you are lethargic, energetic, tired, or sick to your stomach. Obviously if the food you eat is good for YOUR body...you will feel good.

4. On the days you work out write down what that workout was. The exercises, number of sets and reps and the weights you did.  On days you just walked with cardio...then put the time or distance or both.

Key is to eat protein: meat and fish are the primary sources
      Then add vegetables. (stay away from root vegetables like potatoes, yams, carrots. They have higher sugar and are not good when you are trying to drop fat.
Drink water....lots of water. coffee or tea are ok.

Do not eat sugar in the form of desserts or fruit --- while you are trying to lose fat.  
Do not eat grains: bread, pasta, etc . Some rice is ok if it is brown rice with the husk still on the rice.
Do not eat any diet low fat foods or drinks.

Remember. The muscle is there....the fat is covering it.  The protein will help build muscle and staying clear of the sugar and grain will help the fat disappear.

If you want to tell me abut your workouts I will be glad to review it and give you some recommendations. Remember writing it down will help you figure out what really works.

Thanks....I look forward to hearing from you.

Weightlifting & Exercise

Karen Fili Sullivan

Get on the inside track with Karen and her daily advice. http://karenfilisullivan.com. Or on FacebookLIKE us at ZWL - Zen of Whole Living I have more than 30 years experience and can help with lifting technique, muscle recovery, weight loss, body building and powerlifting. I've been certified by AFPA as a Personal Trainer and 12 years ago acquired a second certification from the same agency as a Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist. Any recommendations or advice rendered are based on fitness information as specified by the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Fitness Professionals and Associates. Follow my Blog on http://karenfilisullivan.com

Almost 25 years coaching and training. Wow! I feel old. Before that I was a competitive bodybuilder and powerlifter (ask my Chiropractor -- he can tell you). I have trained kids ages 12 to 89. From sports specific training to stroke rehabilitation. I love helping people move more gracefully, powerfully and safely.

A few.

Published in Spring of 2013 The Zen of Weight Loss: A Mindful, Livable Approach to Fitness Get your copy at Square Market. https://squareup.com/market/body-restoration-by-karen/zen-of-weight-loss-in-mo

English with a Journalism concentration was my college education. My training has been with my mentor, Jack Michaels, ACSM and professor at the College of William and Mary. My certifications are with the American Fitness Professionals and Associates. AFPA. I hold a certification as a Personal Trainer and a Post Rehabilitation Exercise Expert (Isn't that a mouthful?l). My continuing education requirements have been fulfilled at a number of organizations and are monitored by AFPA. I keep my Red Cross CPR and First Aid current.

Clients include athletes training for marathons, mountain climbing and general weight loss. In addition I have clients troubled with COPD, Fibromyalgia, and Parkinsons as well as stroke rehab. She was the Strength and Conditioning coach for Williamsburg Aquatic Club, a USA Swim Team, in Williamsburg, Virginia for 3 years.   Karen is presently working at Main Street Gym in Historic St. Charles, Missouri where she teaches Pilates and continues her work with clients. Her training reaches across the country with her long distance Body Restoration eTraining. Her dedication to fitness reaches into the nutritional supplementation with Shaklee products. She only works with clients who add nutritional supplementation to their training. Read more of her story on www.shaklee.net/BodyRestoration