Weightlifting & Exercise/Muscles after age 60

Question
I read that males lose maybe l% of muscle mass every year after age 40, or something like that.  Is there anything to counter this without injections or hormones?  I mean anything other than weightlifting.  I do that, along with walking and aerobic exercise.

Answer
Hi Carl,

The thing about the loss of muscle after 40 is that most people do lose it, but most people do not try to change that. Jack Lalane was still increasing muscle well into his 70s, and could run circles around a lot of 40 year olds when he was 80.

Weight lifting exercise clean diet are the key, live healthy and keep challenging the body, you will do well. I am 64 years of age  and while there are some things I could do when I was 30 that I may not be able to accomplish now, I know there are plenty of 20 year olds that would have a hard time keeping up with the Old Man.

My physician calls me "low Maintenance, I see him every couple of years.

Get a bike, I found that helps me a lot, I try to get in about 50 miles a week or more, plus do some resistance exercises.

Hope this helps

Have a great day

Jerry

Weightlifting & Exercise

Jerry Goodwin