Weightlifting & Exercise/Belly

Hi Jerry
After a few years of dieting and experimenting with food, I am pretty sure I am gluten intolerant. I also have intestinal gut bacteria dysbiosis. Thankfully, a couple months nowwith probiotics and being  gluten free my belly is feeling much better-it is not hard and bloated anymore. I am also losing weight, and am back to running as my knees are better. The problem is the fat is coming off everywhere except the belly. Also, it used to be tight, now its kind of floppy. Do you think the muscles or inner stuff got stretched out? Is there any type of exercise or a different cardio that would tighten me up at all? Thanks, and have a great summer!

Hi Bud,

You are not unusual at all. often the skin sags as you lose fat. The skin is elastic but only to a certain point. There are some creams that help tighten the skin, not sure how well they work. Plastic surgeons do a great job of fixing this problem but not without considerable cost.

However if you are patient and keep up the good work you are doing then the skin will begin to catch of with the fat loss. Personally I would check into the creams especially ones that contain collagen, that seems to be at least one of the "magic" ingredients that tighten the skin.

It is quite normal for the belly area to hold fat longer than other areas as this is the typical largest storage area in the body.

Anyway keep up the good work. do a search for skin tightening creams or solutions. Here is one that a friend said she had good luck with.

Have a great day

Hope this helps

Weightlifting & Exercise

Jerry Goodwin

I can answer questions related to any of the following areas alternative medicine, fitness, physical education, weight training, senior health, bicycling, personal trainers, personal training, medical technology, health and wellness, eating disorders, weight loss, Naturopathy, first aid, and bodybuilding. In fact I was listed as an expert in each of these categories at askme.com until they closed down

I have worked in health and or fitness related capacities for over 30 years. My main profession is that of a Medical Technologist, but I also have training as a Corpsman with the US Navy, a Field Medic with the Army National Guard,and am certified as A Personal Trainer, Medical Exer-therapist and Aerobics Instructor through the National Academy for Health and Fitness. My wife and I have operated BMG Services Fitness and Nutrition in Moultrie Georgia since 1995. I also have an Associates Degree in Computer Robotics. I am an avid bicycle rider, mostly road riding with the occasional mountain trail or off road "experience". My wife and I usually do a charity ride at least once per year to help those less fortunate. Degrees & Certifications: Certifications include Clinical Laboratory Scientist CLS/NCA. Clinical Laboratory Technologist CLT/HHS Personal Trainer, Aerobics Instructor, and Medical Exer-therapist NAHF. Advance Weight Training through NAHF. Accepted as AFTA Associate Awards include the Ohio State Award of Merit and Ohio Special Services Ribbon, Army Commendation Medal and 2 Army Achievement Medals CPR re-Certifcation 2007 Web page: http://www.bmgfitness.com http;//www.healthandfitnessebookclub.com