Weightlifting & Exercise/belly fat

Question
Dear Expert,

I am male 39 years old, height is 178 cm.

Before two months I began a food diet + light cardio and aerobic exercises to remove the belly fat around the stomach, I had 82,5 KG, now I have 77,5 KG. I lose 5 KG.

My complete body (except stomach) is shrinking, but in the area of stomach the belly fat is still there, I do not recognize that fats in this area are reduced at all. And to be more detailed, my body is not fatty, I have I good muscle mass. Of course except stomach area.

My questions are:

- Why the fats in the stomach area are is still there?
- Do I lose my precious muscle mass, instead of belly fat?
- How to get rid of the belly fat correctly?

I hope that I clearly described to you my situation and Thank you because you share your knowledge with me

BW

Mufid

Answer
Hi Mufid

Sorry I thought I had already answered this question, maybe a duplicate but still the answer is pretty much the same.

It is quite normal for the body to store fat in the belly area.

By your description I would say you are doing little to no Resistance exercise, that would assist you in burning more fat. Whether you use machines, bodyweight, or free weights really makes no difference you need to build some muscle so that the muscle will burn calories when you are not exercising, that will help considerably.

A good quality fat burning supplement could also be of great benefit.

Hope this helps

Have a great day

Jerry

Weightlifting & Exercise

Jerry Goodwin