Weightlifting & Exercise/Selling Equipment

Question
QUESTION: How does one sell exercise equipment? I have a $25 peddler exerciser and I only want $5 for it at this point and nobody on Craigslist seems interested.

ANSWER: Hi James,

Yard Sales, Auctions etc. seems to be where I find most of these items. If you are only looking for 5.00 just drop it off at Goodwill, or a church thrift shop and get the receipt which they will give you for 25.00 and you can use it on your taxes as a charitable donation.

I do that quite a bit had over 1000.00 one year in donations of stuff that a lot of was given to me. I cleaned out my shed and realized I had too much so took it to the church and they gave me a receipt, then they sold it in the thrift store and everyone was happy.

Hope this helps,

Have a great day

Jerry

QUESTION: I'm below the poverty line so there is little I can write off on my taxes. Also I donít have a yard of my own. Is there a way to crash someone else's yard sale?

Answer
Hi James,

Just find someone that is having a yard sale and ask them if they would be willing to sell some of your stuff for apportion of what it is sold for, usually 30-40% is pretty reasonable since they do all the work.  Most people having yard sales would do this as long as you have a list of everything you want to sell, and have it priced, I would hedge my bet by leaving with them a list of what you want on each item and what is the absolute least you will take for that item.

If you only have 1 5.00 item it is really not worth the time or effort but someone that is having a yard sale may still be willing to take it on "consignment". You should also look around the area you live and see if there are any "consignment" shops, or shops that sell stuff on consignment.

Hope this helps

Have a great day

Jerry

Weightlifting & Exercise

Jerry Goodwin