Weightlifting & Exercise/Bicep pain

Question
Hello,

I worked on Biceps 2 days ago at the gym. It's the first time I don't weight training in about 7 months. The day after, my biceps hurt so bad that I couldn't straighten my arm. It was even painful moving. Now today is day 2 and it feels just as bad. Very painful to even put my shirt on. I constantly feel pain now. Been pushing a gallon and a half of water the last few days. How long is recovery and what all can I take for the pain? It hurts really bad in the bicep area when I try to straighten it out. What is the usual recovery time? Thank you for your time and volunteering.

Answer
Hi Scott,

Sounds like you may have torn something such as a ligament, that can happen when you try to do too much too fast. Best bet is to see a physician, preferably one that specializes in orthopedics or sports medicine. OTC remedies may help some with the pain, but get an appointment with a doctor ASAP.

Recovery depends mostly on you.

have a great day

Hope this helps

Jerry

Weightlifting & Exercise

Jerry Goodwin