Weightlifting & Exercise/mini trampoline

Thanks again for your previous advice. I dont want to ruin my knees so I have decided no more running, especially on the treadmill. I hate stationary bikes and ellipticals, but today I bought a mini trampoline at a yard sale.What do you think of using one of these for conditioning? I spent about 30 minutes on it just joggiing on the spot, and it is low impact and my knees are OK, but it doesnt seem to be much of a workout- letting it push your legs up and down. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe not 'running' fast enough? I do like it though as I can do it inside with minimal space and watch soccer on TV! Thanks!"

Hey Barry,
Welcome back. So the trampoline is a great alternative to running and a wise choice for saving your knees. But you sacrifice calorie expenditure for staying pain free, at least in comparing the amount of time you are engaging in these activities. So you can try running longer and mixing in jumping on one leg, than the other between running normal. Also try holding dumbells or wearing a weight vest for added resistance while running on this trampoline. Unless you can adjust the tension on the trampoline these would be my suggestions to increase the difficulty. Perhaps this would be good to do along with other activities. Keep up the good work and thanks for wring in.

Weightlifting & Exercise

Greg Hoppe

I can answer questions on proper exercise technique, starting as well as growing in attaining your fitness goals and questions regrading how the human body works from an exercise physiology standpoint. I can assist with any questions regarding anatomy & physiology, stretching and rehabilitation. I am also extremely well versed and experienced in martial arts, self-defense and massage therapy.

I have a B.S in Physical Education and a Black Belt in an eclectic martial art. I am also a certified Fitness Therapist through ISSA and a massage therapist. I can assist with questions regarding hiring a health and wellness professional as well as growing and succeeding in the field for those already working in it.

ISSA, Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals

B.S. in Physical education, Black Belt, ISSA certfified Fitness Therapist.