Welding/Welding electrode P5+

hi-rise don wrote at 2011-02-10 22:17:59
as for why anyone would still be using 5p vs. 5p+ my experience has been the lincoln 5p+ is more susceptible to moisture especially 5/32" and up. also more slag especially when running downhill. just my 2 cents

Harry C. wrote at 2014-10-29 07:18:32
A certification is needed to see if you know how to weld. The only thing is, every welding job requires you to take a test no matter if you have a truck load of certifications.If you have ever worked in the chemical plants on shut downs or turn a rounds you could work for 4 or 5 different employers in a year and you half to take a test for each one.  Hope this helps.

Ernie Leimkuhler

Questions about Oxy-Acetylene welding/cutting, MIG, TIG, Flux-core, Stick welding, brazing and soldering, bike frames, air frames, motorcycle frames, structural welding. Also questions about Welding Certifications and Inspections. All questions about fabrication of metals (stainless steel, steel , aluminum, brass, bronze, copper). Basic questions about underwater welding. TIG is my strongest subject.

Extensive background in most welding fields. 18 years fabrication of metal theatre scenery, 16 years structural steel, 2 years pipe welding, 9 years as a Welding Instructor at South Seattle Community College, and 5.5 years as a Welding Instructor at the Divers Institute of Technology. 16 years Industrial Welding Consultant for fabrication shops in the greater Seattle Area. 11 years Architectural Metal Fabrication. 8 years in Film/TV; SPFX/construction/set-deco/props/. 33 years Blacksmithing and Knifemaking. Currently a Field Welding Inspector for Otto Rosenau and Associates.

American Welding Society - Certified Welding Inspector Washington Assoc of Building Officials (WABO) - Special Inspector - Structural and Reinforcing Steel.

Do a search on google groups for "Ernie Leimkuhler" in the rec.crafts.metalworking and sci.engr.joining.welding groups. Blacksmith's Gazzette - Anvil Making

BA Theatre Technology - Purdue University.