Welding/About Pipefitting

I was free to choose between industriel pipelines and welding training and I picked the former . Did I make the right decision ?
I have no experience in pipefitting and I want to graduate first in my class. Are there useful websites or e-books in this field ?

NOTE : This is the school’s website at which I will recieve training,

Thanks !

Youtube has lots of free welding videos, you just have to search through them to find the pipe videos.
Online books are different, in that I don't know of any free ones that are any good.

I can't think of anything else other than to say to slow down on your welds.
Young welders always get in a hurry and travel too fast with their welds.

Good luck with your training.

Ernie Leimkuhler

Questions about Oxy-Acetylene welding/cutting, MIG, TIG, Flux-core, Stick welding, brazing and soldering, bike frames, air frames, motorcycle frames, structural welding. Also questions about Welding Certifications and Inspections. All questions about fabrication of metals (stainless steel, steel , aluminum, brass, bronze, copper). Basic questions about underwater welding. TIG is my strongest subject.

Extensive background in most welding fields. 18 years fabrication of metal theatre scenery, 16 years structural steel, 2 years pipe welding, 9 years as a Welding Instructor at South Seattle Community College, and 5.5 years as a Welding Instructor at the Divers Institute of Technology. 16 years Industrial Welding Consultant for fabrication shops in the greater Seattle Area. 11 years Architectural Metal Fabrication. 8 years in Film/TV; SPFX/construction/set-deco/props/. 33 years Blacksmithing and Knifemaking. Currently a Field Welding Inspector for Otto Rosenau and Associates.

American Welding Society - Certified Welding Inspector Washington Assoc of Building Officials (WABO) - Special Inspector - Structural and Reinforcing Steel.

Do a search on google groups for "Ernie Leimkuhler" in the rec.crafts.metalworking and sci.engr.joining.welding groups. Blacksmith's Gazzette - Anvil Making

BA Theatre Technology - Purdue University.