Welding/welding cast iron

plant stand
plant stand  
Hi Erie, Hope this finds you well. Need your help. I sent via ups an antique cast iron plant stand that belonged to my family back home to seattle and it got damaged. Ups wants me to get an estimate of repair cost. I have told them I don't think it can be repaired.This is where you come in. Do you work on cast iron and can it be put back together again. Know you need to see it but being cast iron I thought I would start first by asking if possible? Let me know and if possible I could send images of the piece or bring your way. It would be nice to catch up with you anyway. Jewelry world doing well at north. Glad to see you still offering your teaching skills to the world. Lynne

As I live and breathe. Great to hear from you.
I have thought of you several times over the years, but I do not have any current contact info for you.
Yes I can weld cast iron in several very clever ways.
I would be happy to take a look at your parts.

email me directly  

Ernie Leimkuhler

Questions about Oxy-Acetylene welding/cutting, MIG, TIG, Flux-core, Stick welding, brazing and soldering, bike frames, air frames, motorcycle frames, structural welding. Also questions about Welding Certifications and Inspections. All questions about fabrication of metals (stainless steel, steel , aluminum, brass, bronze, copper). Basic questions about underwater welding. TIG is my strongest subject.

Extensive background in most welding fields. 18 years fabrication of metal theatre scenery, 16 years structural steel, 2 years pipe welding, 9 years as a Welding Instructor at South Seattle Community College, and 5.5 years as a Welding Instructor at the Divers Institute of Technology. 16 years Industrial Welding Consultant for fabrication shops in the greater Seattle Area. 11 years Architectural Metal Fabrication. 8 years in Film/TV; SPFX/construction/set-deco/props/. 33 years Blacksmithing and Knifemaking. Currently a Field Welding Inspector for Otto Rosenau and Associates.

American Welding Society - Certified Welding Inspector Washington Assoc of Building Officials (WABO) - Special Inspector - Structural and Reinforcing Steel.

Do a search on google groups for "Ernie Leimkuhler" in the rec.crafts.metalworking and sci.engr.joining.welding groups. Blacksmith's Gazzette - Anvil Making

BA Theatre Technology - Purdue University.