Westerns/Impersonate a judge

I'm looking for a Western where a gunslinger? has to take the place of a judge (similar in appearance?)by the next morning and with some help and staying up all night to study the basics manages to pull it off. '50's-'60's?

To Chris:

I think I have found the movie which you are looking for. It is a movie which I myself have on old videotape and that I have not seen in years. It is a 1965 movie entitled "Requiem for a Gunfighter". I am enclosing a synopsis for you to see. In this western, a gunfighter finds himself mistaken for a judge when he journeys to a beleaguered town that is under the oppressive influence of an outlaw and his evil gang. One couple knows the gunslinger's true avocation and they talk him into working as a lawman and putting one of the crooks on trial. Things go well until one of the outlaws recognizes him and tells all during the trial. This leads to a classic showdown in which the gunfighter shoots the gun from the villain's hand. He then discards his own weapon and literally rides off into the sunset to pursue a more peaceful life.

A lot of the cast are B movie actors who have appeared in TV westerns and programs like "The Lone Ranger", "Sky King", Rawhide" and others (Dale Van Sickle, Zon Murray, Mike Mazurki,etc). The main actor is Rod Cameron, who plays gunfighter, Dave McCloud, a tormented wanderer in search of a new life with greater serenity. This movie was written by Robert Alexander who was an underrated producer.But the film is worth seeing. It may remind you (a little bit) of a similar character in "Angel and the Badman" who tries to bury his past and reform. Rod Cameron was also in a short lived crime series "Coronado 9"

I hope this information helps you and is the movie you want.Please do not hesitate to write me again if I can help you further.

Take care and be blessed,
 Bruce Simon  

Bruce Simon

I can answer virtually any question concerning TV westerns since 1950. I also have collected Western movies faithfully since 1984 and own several hundred (prominent ones such as High Noon or How the West was Won) as well as B movies and below (White Comanche and The Sundowners)I own rare TV series such as Yancey Derringer,the 13 episodes of Tate with David Maclean, and select episodes of Judge Roy Bean

I have been a Western aficionado since the age of 8 (so for the last 50 years). I have been a faithful collector of Lone Ranger episodes and memorabilia since the early 1970s. I find myself drawn more to the black and white series because I find color an unnecessary plot distraction and love to study the evolution and settlement of the Old West through the leather bound Time-Life series on the West. The principal factor which attracts me to this period is the consistent triumph of virtue over vice. The forces of evil, no matter how malevolent, are never victorious in any Western. So I am appreciative of the inflexible morality set forth in most Western series

I have belonged to 5 different churches in 35 years where I have held posts of Sunday school teacher, outreach leader, and board member. Since my retirement to Rowlesburg, West Virginia, I have held the post of Town Park Commissioner for 2 years and anticipate a position on our Town Council beginning in July.

I was a free lance book reviewer for the Richmond Times Dispatch for 15 years, I reviewed 129 books during this period. I also reviewed 25 books for Style Weekly, an independent publication.

I have a BA in English Literature and a minor in Linguistics from Virginia Commonwealth University. I graduated in 1976. I also had a half year of Bible College from New Life Outreach in Richmond, Virginia (1984-1985)

While employed by the Richmond Public Library for 29 years, I have been honored for outstanding customer service and have received awards for creative programming for Young Adults on 2 occasions.

I am still an expert for the category of mystery fiction on this website.