Susie wrote at 2015-03-12 19:42:33
I have been asking the same question as Mike for years.  As a kid (I'm 68) I remember being transfixed by this movie as dinner was being served and wouldn't leave the tiny TV to eat.

I'll order both movies from Netflix (I hope) and finally figure out this mystery.  Thanks for your great answer.

Searcher of truth wrote at 2015-08-18 20:27:09
The actual movie is called "Battles of Chief Pontiac" the movie stars Lon Chaney Jr. , Lex Barker and the Charles Laughton look alike is Barry Kroger who is a Hessian Colonel under the British Colonial Army.

SuRo wrote at 2016-01-27 12:49:31
I saw that movie when I was in grade school during a recess from we couldn't go outside because of weather. I had nightmares for years about that movie, and even as an adult I've wondered how in the world they would show such a movie to young children! However, since I had heard nothing about it since seeing it, I had almost grown to believe that I made up that movie in my head. When I read the plot and got to the part about him being tied to a pole with the blanket infected with smallpox, I knew for sure that that was the movie I saw!

Bruce Simon

I can answer virtually any question concerning TV westerns since 1950. I also have collected Western movies faithfully since 1984 and own several hundred (prominent ones such as High Noon or How the West was Won) as well as B movies and below (White Comanche and The Sundowners)I own rare TV series such as Yancey Derringer,the 13 episodes of Tate with David Maclean, and select episodes of Judge Roy Bean

I have been a Western aficionado since the age of 8 (so for the last 50 years). I have been a faithful collector of Lone Ranger episodes and memorabilia since the early 1970s. I find myself drawn more to the black and white series because I find color an unnecessary plot distraction and love to study the evolution and settlement of the Old West through the leather bound Time-Life series on the West. The principal factor which attracts me to this period is the consistent triumph of virtue over vice. The forces of evil, no matter how malevolent, are never victorious in any Western. So I am appreciative of the inflexible morality set forth in most Western series

I have belonged to 5 different churches in 35 years where I have held posts of Sunday school teacher, outreach leader, and board member. Since my retirement to Rowlesburg, West Virginia, I have held the post of Town Park Commissioner for 2 years and anticipate a position on our Town Council beginning in July.

I was a free lance book reviewer for the Richmond Times Dispatch for 15 years, I reviewed 129 books during this period. I also reviewed 25 books for Style Weekly, an independent publication.

I have a BA in English Literature and a minor in Linguistics from Virginia Commonwealth University. I graduated in 1976. I also had a half year of Bible College from New Life Outreach in Richmond, Virginia (1984-1985)

While employed by the Richmond Public Library for 29 years, I have been honored for outstanding customer service and have received awards for creative programming for Young Adults on 2 occasions.

I am still an expert for the category of mystery fiction on this website.