Westerns/Western movie

Question
looking for a western from the 40 or fifties, which is about a robbery, and contains a saloon sceen where a man knocks out the eye of a stuffed deerhead with a whip

Answer
To Dan:

Ii believe I can offer this suggestion which may help in answering your question.The western actor proficient with a bullwhip was none other than Alfred "Lash" Larue who began acting in 1941.He was different from the usual cowboy hero of the era; dressed in black, he spoke with a "city tough-guy" accent, somewhat like that of Humphrey Bogart, whom he physically resembled. His use of a bullwhip, however, was what set him apart from bigger cowboy stars such as Gene Autry and Roy Rogers. His influence was felt throughout the dying medium of B-westerns; for example, he had an imitator, Whip Wilson, who starred in his own brief series, and even Roy Rogers started picking up and using a bullwhip in some of his Republic Studios Westerns made in the same period.

He also made frequent personal appearances at small-town movie theaters that were showing his films during his heyday of 1948-1951, a common practice for cowboy stars in those days. However, his skillful displays of stunts with his whip, done live on movie theater stages, also convinced young Western fans that there was at least one cowboy hero who could do in real life the same things he did on screen.

The movie which he was known for was his role as The Cheyenne Kid in Song Of Old Wyoming (1945). He was proficient with a bullwhip in that he not only disarmed villains but used the whip to pluck a flower for his love interest Vicky Conway (played by Jennifer Holt)I am enclosing the synopsis of this movie because I believe this is the movie which you are looking for.  
 Ma Conway, owner of a cattle ranch and publisher of the Laramie Bulletin, wages an up-hill battle to have Wyoming join the Union. She refuses to be intimidated by corrupt politician Lee Landow and crooked banker Jesse Dixon, teamed up to fight her. Led by cowhand Eddie Reed and foreman Uncle Ezra, the Conway cattle drive is blocked at La Platte Pass by the Dixon henchmen, led by Ringo. A fight ensues and Eddie is saved by the quick trigger hand of the Cheyenne Kid, a notorious outlaw. Vicky, whom Ma has raised as her daughter, admires Cheyenne's courage to the chagrin of Eddie, who is in love with her. Cheyenne, on his way to a job in Laramie, turns down Ma's offer but when he gets to Laramie he finds he has been hired by Landow and Dixon to ruin Ma's cattle business and, in order to carry out the plan, he accepts Ma's ranch-job offer. Accidents quickly begin and Eddie suspects Cheyenne but Ma refuses to listen to his warnings, as she has become fond of the young outlaw. Eddie subsequently learns that Cheyenne is really Ma's long-lost son, missing from 25 years past in an attack by renegade white men, but Ma does not know this. Cheyenne begins to regret his deeds and turns against the gang leader.
 I also thought I would enclose this interesting and edifying fact about his life. He was a born-again Christian who was baptized at Shreveport Baptist Tabernacle by pastor Jimmy G. Tharpe. Tharpe initially met LaRue in Alexandria, the seat of Rapides Parish, when LaRue was visiting the home of his daughter. He and another minister, Don Chelette of Alexandria, were proselytizing door-to-door when they met LaRue and his daughter. Tharpe thereafter declared a "Lash LaRue Day" at his church at which LaRue gave his Christian testimony: "He came, and we had a wonderful service in our gymnasium. There were thirty-seven people saved in the gym that day. He cut paper from the mouth of Debbye, my daughter, with his whip. We all rejoiced over Lash LaRue and his testimony. I introduced Lash to others, and several churches invited him to give his testimony, and he accepted,

I hope this answers your question fully. If I can help you in any way, please do not hesitate to write me again.

Take care and be blessed,
Bruce Simon  

Westerns

Bruce Simon