Westerns/Can you give me a list of westerns that are

Can you give me a list of westerns that are in color in which at least one of the main actress is a female child under the age of 16 at the time the movie was filmed?

Dear Questioner:

I can start you off with a list of several movies off hand that have at least one female child under the age of 16 at the time the movie was filmed.

Rio Grande- 1950- John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara- the character Margaret Mary- kidnapped by Indians-played by Karolyn Grimes aged 12

Down the Long Hills- 1986- Bruce Boxleitner- Jack Elam- Lisa McFarlane playing Betty Sue Powell

Fort Apache- John Wayne- Shirley Temple was 15 at the time.

The Searchers- 1956- Natalie Wood was exactly 16 when she played Debbie Edwards, John Wayne's kidnapped niece

The Apple Dumpling Gang- 1975- Celia Manning playing one of three orphaned siblings-finding gold in 1878 California

Technically the Little House on the Prairie series fits into this category- Melissa Gilbert- and the Lindsay and Sydney Greenbush

Savage Sam- Walt Disney- Marta Kirsten was 15 when she played Lisbeth Searcy- kidnapped by Indians in this sequel to Old Yeller in 1963

Right now, these films are all which I can come up with, since male child actors were more prevalent in many of the major westerns. But I hope this helps you . if I can be of any more service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Take care and be blessed,

Bruce Simon

I can answer virtually any question concerning TV westerns since 1950. I also have collected Western movies faithfully since 1984 and own several hundred (prominent ones such as High Noon or How the West was Won) as well as B movies and below (White Comanche and The Sundowners)I own rare TV series such as Yancey Derringer,the 13 episodes of Tate with David Maclean, and select episodes of Judge Roy Bean

I have been a Western aficionado since the age of 8 (so for the last 50 years). I have been a faithful collector of Lone Ranger episodes and memorabilia since the early 1970s. I find myself drawn more to the black and white series because I find color an unnecessary plot distraction and love to study the evolution and settlement of the Old West through the leather bound Time-Life series on the West. The principal factor which attracts me to this period is the consistent triumph of virtue over vice. The forces of evil, no matter how malevolent, are never victorious in any Western. So I am appreciative of the inflexible morality set forth in most Western series

I have belonged to 5 different churches in 35 years where I have held posts of Sunday school teacher, outreach leader, and board member. Since my retirement to Rowlesburg, West Virginia, I have held the post of Town Park Commissioner for 2 years and anticipate a position on our Town Council beginning in July.

I was a free lance book reviewer for the Richmond Times Dispatch for 15 years, I reviewed 129 books during this period. I also reviewed 25 books for Style Weekly, an independent publication.

I have a BA in English Literature and a minor in Linguistics from Virginia Commonwealth University. I graduated in 1976. I also had a half year of Bible College from New Life Outreach in Richmond, Virginia (1984-1985)

While employed by the Richmond Public Library for 29 years, I have been honored for outstanding customer service and have received awards for creative programming for Young Adults on 2 occasions.

I am still an expert for the category of mystery fiction on this website.