Westerns/Chimp westerns

Question
In the middle 1930's I often went to the Stepney central hall in the Commercial Road for the penny picture's and among the films shown were westerns with all chimpanzee cast.As a nine year old I thought they were amazing.Does anyone have information about these films and their producers?

Answer
Dear James:

First of all, I wish to apologize for the time duration in getting back to you.My computer was inoperable until recently and I was also recovering from minor surgery.So I humbly ask forgiveness for circumstances beyond my control.
 In answer to your question, the name of the movie was called "The Little Covered Wagon" and came out in the mid 1930s (about 1936). To the best of my knowledge it has never been released as a DVD. it was the only movie of its kind and probably just slipped under the radar. There is a scene from it which I  will enclose as well. https://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/486-3975.
 It looks both imaginative and funny.
 I hope this helps you and I again apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

Thank you for your understanding and be blessed,
Bruce Simon

Westerns

Bruce Simon