Westerns/Dehydration/Ice Cream Scene

As a kid, I used to watch westerns all the time with my father. I cannot remember the name of one that he particularly liked and he cannot answer because of the vague scene I remember. A young man journeys to town without any supplies. He does so boisterously, knowing that it is a long trip. By the time he makes it to town, he is extremely dehydrated and delirious. He hallucinates about ice cream and orders some at a saloon, shortly before collapsing. I hope this isn't the most vague description you've been given and thank you so much for considering this question!

All the best,

Dear Josh:

Though the description is certainly vague,I am searching the recesses of my mind for anything that does compute. The closest that I can come is a film called Django. It came out in 1966 and it is part of a series about a drifter (played by Franco Nero), who arrives in a town, held by murderous renegades, carrying a closed coffin with him.The central conflict is stealing gold from an abandoned Mexican fort.The movie is super violent, but the thing which I remember in a hazy way, is that Django comes to town without any supplies and having survived either an ambush or a massacre.
 I hope this helps you and your father. if this is not the film,please do not hesitate to write me again, especially if you remember any other detail.

Have a happy New Year and be richly blessed,

Bruce Simon

I can answer virtually any question concerning TV westerns since 1950. I also have collected Western movies faithfully since 1984 and own several hundred (prominent ones such as High Noon or How the West was Won) as well as B movies and below (White Comanche and The Sundowners)I own rare TV series such as Yancey Derringer,the 13 episodes of Tate with David Maclean, and select episodes of Judge Roy Bean

I have been a Western aficionado since the age of 8 (so for the last 50 years). I have been a faithful collector of Lone Ranger episodes and memorabilia since the early 1970s. I find myself drawn more to the black and white series because I find color an unnecessary plot distraction and love to study the evolution and settlement of the Old West through the leather bound Time-Life series on the West. The principal factor which attracts me to this period is the consistent triumph of virtue over vice. The forces of evil, no matter how malevolent, are never victorious in any Western. So I am appreciative of the inflexible morality set forth in most Western series

I have belonged to 5 different churches in 35 years where I have held posts of Sunday school teacher, outreach leader, and board member. Since my retirement to Rowlesburg, West Virginia, I have held the post of Town Park Commissioner for 2 years and anticipate a position on our Town Council beginning in July.

I was a free lance book reviewer for the Richmond Times Dispatch for 15 years, I reviewed 129 books during this period. I also reviewed 25 books for Style Weekly, an independent publication.

I have a BA in English Literature and a minor in Linguistics from Virginia Commonwealth University. I graduated in 1976. I also had a half year of Bible College from New Life Outreach in Richmond, Virginia (1984-1985)

While employed by the Richmond Public Library for 29 years, I have been honored for outstanding customer service and have received awards for creative programming for Young Adults on 2 occasions.

I am still an expert for the category of mystery fiction on this website.