Westerns/Western with Charles Bronson

Many years ago when I was a little boy I saw an Western with Charles Bronson and I can not remember the name of the movie . I remember only a few things from the movie: I remember that Charles Bronson fought with an Indian against all, I remember that at the end of the movie the Indian was killed and Charles Bronson left alone. The movie endes with Charles Bronson riding a horse near the railroad (at susnset time).

Thanks :)

Dear Eran:

I believe the name of the western starring Charles Bronson is a 1954 movie called Apache.This is the cast of the movie.

Burt Lancaster as Massai
Jean Peters as Nalinle
John McIntire as Al Sieber
Charles Bronson as Hondo (as Charles Buchinsky)
John Dehner as Weddle
Paul Guilfoyle as Santos
Ian MacDonald as Clagg
Walter Sande as Lt. Col. Beck
Morris Ankrum as Dawson
Monte Blue as Geronimo

The plot of the movie is very simple.Following the surrender of Geronimo, Massai, the last Apache warrior is captured and scheduled for transportation to a Florida reservation. On the way he manages to escape and heads for his homeland to win back his girl and settle down to grow crops. His pursuers have other ideas though.Burt Lancaster plays Massai, the wily Apache, who does not want to be confined to a reservation and wishes to remain free at all costs.  Charles Bronson plays Hondo, commissioned to apprehend Massai, even to the point of a life and death conflict.

I think this is the one you are looking for. It was a joy to help you and if i can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to write me again

Take care and be blessed,
Bruce Simon

Bruce Simon

I can answer virtually any question concerning TV westerns since 1950. I also have collected Western movies faithfully since 1984 and own several hundred (prominent ones such as High Noon or How the West was Won) as well as B movies and below (White Comanche and The Sundowners)I own rare TV series such as Yancey Derringer,the 13 episodes of Tate with David Maclean, and select episodes of Judge Roy Bean

I have been a Western aficionado since the age of 8 (so for the last 50 years). I have been a faithful collector of Lone Ranger episodes and memorabilia since the early 1970s. I find myself drawn more to the black and white series because I find color an unnecessary plot distraction and love to study the evolution and settlement of the Old West through the leather bound Time-Life series on the West. The principal factor which attracts me to this period is the consistent triumph of virtue over vice. The forces of evil, no matter how malevolent, are never victorious in any Western. So I am appreciative of the inflexible morality set forth in most Western series

I have belonged to 5 different churches in 35 years where I have held posts of Sunday school teacher, outreach leader, and board member. Since my retirement to Rowlesburg, West Virginia, I have held the post of Town Park Commissioner for 2 years and anticipate a position on our Town Council beginning in July.

I was a free lance book reviewer for the Richmond Times Dispatch for 15 years, I reviewed 129 books during this period. I also reviewed 25 books for Style Weekly, an independent publication.

I have a BA in English Literature and a minor in Linguistics from Virginia Commonwealth University. I graduated in 1976. I also had a half year of Bible College from New Life Outreach in Richmond, Virginia (1984-1985)

While employed by the Richmond Public Library for 29 years, I have been honored for outstanding customer service and have received awards for creative programming for Young Adults on 2 occasions.

I am still an expert for the category of mystery fiction on this website.