Westerns/movie saddle

Question
movie saddle
movie saddle  

saddle
saddle  
Hi
I inherited a saddle that was used in one of the early westerns that was filmed in the Imperial Valley. It has hundreds of silver decorations all over it. It has been stored in a walk in vault for 40+ years. If I send pictures is there somebody that would remember which movie it was? The papers and
pictures on this saddle were lost many years ago in a house fire
Thank you

Answer
Dear Mr Ramsey:

Though I do not consider myself an expert in the area of saddlery, I would be remiss if I did not offer you some outlet where you may be able to find the answer to the origin of your saddle more completely.Edward Bohlin saddles were made exclusively for Hollywood cowboy actors. The telltale silver handiwork is a trademark of this venerable craftsman who did die in 1980 but whose company still exists. I am going to send you a website http://www.kingcountyposse.com/Pages/SilverSaddle.aspx, which specialized in saddle making during the heyday of the western movie.Once you log on to this website, I urge you to look at the picture to the left of Sergeant Preston and his horse, Rex.If you look closely at the saddle itself, it does bear some similarities to the picture that you added.But after routinely surveying other saddle making websites I believe that it is a Bohlin saddle and it may be worth your while to contact them directly and see if a more direct match could be achieved.There is a way to contact if you have any question germane to the website.

I hope this information does help you to some degree. If I can be of any future service, do not hesitate to contact me again

Have a good day and be blessed,
   Bruce R Simon  

Westerns

Bruce Simon