Westerns/western series

Question
A western series in the late 50's or early 60's with the lead character named nick. I believe he might have been a bounty hunter.

Answer
Dear Neil:

I believe that the western series you are thinking of with the lead character named Nick was called "The Rebel". It ran from 1959-1961 for 76 episodes. The lead character was a former Confederate Army Veteran, Johnny Yuma, played by Nick Adams ( that is where the name Nick came from).  Haunted by his memories of the American Civil War, Yuma, in search of inner peace, roams the American West, specifically the Texas Hill Country and the South Texas Plains. He keeps a journal of his adventures and fights injustice where he finds it with a revolver and a sawed-off double-barreled shotgun.
 Outside of Nick Barkley (played by Lee Majors  on the Big Valley, this is the only other western where the name"Nick" is even alluded to.
 I hope this answers your question completely. If you need to contact me again, please do not hesitate to do so.

Take care and be blessed,
Bruce

Westerns

Bruce Simon