Wiccan Teens/Books&Sites

Merry meet, I'm an 11 year old studying my year and a day study. I want to practice as a solitary Wiccan because most covens do not except people under 18 and also my parents are not Wiccan. Do you know of any good websites or books that will help me along my way? And also, what are some topics I should zero in on during my year and a day study?
Thank you and merry part, Tahj Hebert ( we have the same last name!)

This is a difficult subject to tackle because I don't know your family, and do not know how supportive they might be with your study of Wicca or Paganism. So the first thing that I would recommend is that you talk to your parents about your study. The most important part of Wicca or Paganism is honesty. As a witch, power comes from our words. For spells to work, we must know that our words speak only truth. Because of that, if you cannot be honest with your parents about your study, then your effectiveness as a Wiccan or as a witch will not be great. If you are studying in secret because your parents have disapproved, that is a dishonest act, and you will not be able to grow significantly until you are honest with them.

Now if you have your parents' blessing to study, there are some good resources around. One thing that I would recommend for a person your age is Spiral Scouts, which is a scouting program for young people of any religion. You can find the groups in Maine here: http://www.spiralscouts.org/node/174

There are a number of podcasts around that are really good. One from Maine that I enjoy is A Pagan Heart in Maine (you can find it with a web search.) I host a radio show called PaganFM, and there are a number of other programs available that you can find by searching Pagan Podcasting. Witchvox is a good site also.

But above all, it is important that you have your family's blessing before you go down this road. Even if you have to wait a while before formally studying, the most important thing to remember is that Wicca, or any brand of Paganism, like any other religion, has but one goal - to allow us to be the best person we can be. And part of that is honoring our ancestors - including our parents. And while we are living in their home, part of honoring them is following their rules while in their home.

If they disagree with your religious choice, remember that it's not many years before you strike out on your own. And anything that you learn, including geometry, science, history - all of these things are important in your studies.

Blessings on your journey, wherever it may lead,

Wiccan Teens

Deirdre Hebert

Most any question regarding modern Paganism, Witchcraft, Wicca and other modern alternative religions.

I'm the host of PaganFM! one of the few on-air pagan radio programs (if there are any others at all). I'm a writer and editor, minister, and perhaps most importantly, the parent of teens.

Portsmouth Community Radio (show host, engineering committee), Theosophical Society and others

Magickal Light, poetry journals, paganfm.com, numerous technical manuals Wicca Revealed (as editor).

Attended a number of colleges including CCAF, UNH, WNEC, CTU and others, and have many credits in various programs, but never acquired a degree.

www.acupuncturemedical.org, irishshow.org, magicka school