Wild Animals/Anteater in Florida?

PALM BAY JOE wrote at 2010-11-01 00:31:33
WHILE TAKING OUR EVENING WALK LAST NIGHT IN PALM BAY FLORIDA,WE CAME ACROSS WHAT LOOKED LIKE AN ANTEATER-EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED BY PAUL EXCEPT THIS ONE WAS CLOSER TO 3' LONG AND WAS MOVING AT A PRETTY GOOD PACE I WAS NOT AWARE THAT THEY WERE NATIVE TO FLORIDA.   JOE FROM PALM BAY*****

Paula wrote at 2011-01-21 14:02:34
Jan 20, 2011 about 20 miles east of Ft Myers I saw an anteater - no doubt about it.  I looked up a picture of white-nosed coatis, it wasn't that.  It was 2+ feet long not counting the tail.  Tail was 1+ feet long with long hair.  Animal was close to the ground, rich dark brown in color (almost black looking in places) but no rings etc.  Can someone tell anything?

8541ss wrote at 2012-07-10 18:12:04
LOC: Emerson Point Park; recently moved to Florida, with my family spotted & similar sighting in the preserve.  I understand there are no animals native which match the description.  However the animal we spotted at 17 meters could not have been the coati.  The animal had tail of 8-12" at the spinal base; with a total tail length 20-24 inches. It had standing ears and a protruding snout.  After a decade in amphibious reconnaissance and deployed to every clime and place can be a reliable source.  It was not a nutria, beaver, bobcat, raccoon, and etcetera.  I told my family at the time it was probably an escaped exotic.

Fred wrote at 2013-01-04 21:15:32
About 5 years ago my wife and I were on Jones Ave at night near Zellwood.  No doubt about it - A giant Anteater crossed the road in front of us.  Including the huge furry tail it almost covered one entire lane- 6 to 7 feet.  It sort of galloped across.  We still joke about it all the time.  Trust me- you know one when you see one.  It was either a living fossil or that monster out grew it cage.  

Wild Animals

Jonathan Wright