Wild Animals/largest cat/lion ever

Annonymous wrote at 2009-10-28 03:55:07
Scientist have noted that on occasions where you cross hybrid cross between a male lion (Panthera leo) and a tigress (panthera tigris) may grow larger than their parents because of Imprinted genes. Females may grow to a weight of 320 kg (705 lb) and may reach 3.05 m (10 ft)in length. Notably they are approximately as large as the largest cats of all time the American Tiger

muhammad ali wrote at 2013-07-03 14:23:16
hi.well until i know American lion is one of the largest cats that had ever lived but about the largest one i am not exactly sure because there is few species of cat that they are close in size to American lion.first is ndangong tiger that it is not very known but until we know was a larger extinct subspecies of tigers that was larger than siberian tiger with a weight more than 1000ib and the second one is smilodon populator that was almost 1.5 times larger than siberian tiger and with a weight more than 1100 ibs!!i think this will be good for you that some of siberian tigers was too large that people can,t to belive it.a siberian tiger that called japur in newjersy in 1989 was around 1000 ibs and 11.5 fet long and almost the largest siberian tiger that we know until know was sabre the siberian tiger with a lenght about 13 feet(almost 4 meter)and a weight about 1200 ibs!!!!i hope you like it my friend.

Wild Animals

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.