Wild Animals/possible sighting of wolverine hit by car.

barney schwarzkopf wrote at 2011-03-14 18:51:51
but what about a fisher cat?  i def saw one last saturday 3/12/11 in seymour ,ct and i'm sure i can find a footprint i know right where i saw it.  it could be very possible that it was a fisher cat  

garth wrote at 2011-09-21 18:53:56
In about 2006 I was mountain biking in the Pittsfield forest and saw what I first thought was a small bear.  When the animal turned to its side I saw a long and somewhat bushy tail.  After looking at many pictures I came across photos of wolverines.  That is what it was, and I am 100% sure of this.

steve wrote at 2012-10-27 21:44:31
I was out for a morning run about 6 months ago and I saw a Wolverine crossing the road. I got with in 30 ft of the animal. it stopped and turned to me and I stopped as well and got a good long look at it. It was unquestionably a Wolverine. I have seen Fisher cats, and weasels in my yard in Guilford so I know the difference.  

rodney Fox wrote at 2013-03-07 00:31:32
I was coming away from walking my dog on River Rd in Lyme Rock CT.I was doing 15mph (the speed limit there)I thus had plenty of time to see this creature in my approach.I had to stop the car to let it waddle across the road in front of me.It climbed up the bank, slipped down,giving me a full view of the stripes and its broad back.It was a wolverine.  Rodney Fox.  

Wild Animals

Steven V. Matthews