Wild Animals/baby pocket gopher

Question
I just came into possession of what i believe to be a baby (pocket?) gopher. I don't know what to feed the gopher and it would help if you could reply as soon as possible with foods that it might eat or if i have to bottle feed it. It is fairly young, its about the size of a kiwi and its eyes are still closed but it has its fur.
thank you so much

Answer
Dear Cassidy

Thank you for your question. I also wish to thank the authors of the websites I used.

Please note that I am not a veterinarian.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090808184906AAy6MoD gives you some basic advice about looking after the gopher before a wildlife rescuer or rehabilitator can collect it, identify the species and determine how to look after it. Pocket gophers spend much of their time underground and would not be ideal pets. http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/WIL/rehab/facilities.html has a list of wildlife rehabilitators in California. If you key wildlife, rehabilitator and california into Google, you will find several other websites where you can obtain help.

All the best

Jonathan  

Wild Animals

Jonathan Wright