Wild Animals/Hybrid cats

Can house cats breed with bobcats?

What cat is a perfect cat to breed with male bobcat
These the top cats for this will be egytion mau, cheetoh cat it is not  a cheetha, maincoon, sokoke cat, and american short hair cat?

Cheetoh is not a cheetha

Mid a bobcat can cross breed with house cat what will the abilities that the bobcat will give to the kittens hybrids  like how well for senses, intelligence, hunting, strength, speed, can it roar like bobcat, paw swipe, and also climbing? Not sure what else will be munch better.

Dear Terry,

A successful mating between a domestic cat (Felis cattus) and a bobcat (Lynx rufus) has never been confirmed.  Reports of bobcat/domestic cat hybrids pop up from time to time, but have not been verified.  There are no scientific reports of viable hybrids of bobcats and domestic cats.

Wild Animals

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.

I'm an evolutionary biologist with a passion for animals. Ask about natural history, behavior, ecology, evolution. PLEASE NOTE:

If you have found an "orphaned" or injured wild animal or bird:
Please don't waste time asking questions on the internet, as the answers may come too late. DO NOT FEED THE ANIMAL, and DO NOT HANDLE IT unless it is in imminent danger. (Many wild "orphans" are not orphans at all!) If you are absolutely sure it is orphaned, keep it warm and quiet, and find a LICENSED WILDLIFE REHABILITATOR HERE. Don't try to raise a baby yourself, or rehabilitate an injured anmal. Many a well-intentioned rescuer will do more harm than good, especially with baby birds and baby rabbits.

Without geographic location, time of day and habitat, I can't help. A clear picture is always best.

It's impossible for me to I.D. an animal call without hearing it myself.

I'm not an expert on comparative strengths of different animals (more complicated than you might think!) nor bite forces.

I refuse to answer "Which of these two animals--X or X--would win in a fight?".

These hypothetical matchups range from impossible (Grizzly Bears and Gorillas don't even occupy the same continent.) to ridiculous (Someone asked me "Who would win a fight between a Great White Shark and a tiger?").

The vast majority of animals--even the fierce and powerful--are not as warlike as Homo sapiens, and it's childish to project our aggressiveness onto them.

I have been the fortunate caregiver to a group of Black-tailed Jackrabbits rescued from the Miami International Airport, and not releasable in this area because they are not native. I also have rehabbed and released Eastern Cottontails, and am in contact with many very experienced wildlife rescuers who regularly handle injured or orphaned rabbits and hares.

House Rabbit Society

Exotic DVM journal

I have a Ph.D. in Biology, with main areas of expertise in evolutionary biology, genetics, botany, and ecology.