Wild Animals/Red Fox morphs

Question
Red Fox
Red Fox  
Hello,

I work for a company who does live animals trading.
A few days ago, I imported some Red Foxes from Netherlands.
As you can see, the scientific name of the Red Fox is "Vulpes vulpes". But in the Health Certificate it appears "Vulpes articos" and the common name "Silver Fox".
As a live animal importer, I never heard it "Vulpes articos" as a scientific name and when I've searched via internet but shows NOTHING.
Please find enclosed to this photo, this is the Fox what I've exported.
I'm not sure if it's a "morphed fox" or something like that.
I will appreciate if you can tell me what kind a fox is because the Quarantine are interrogating me a lot about this.
Please let me know if you can help me.
Thank you.

Kindest regards

Paul Kim

Answer
Dear Paul Kim,

The animal certainly appears to be a red fox, Vulpes vulpes. The usage of "articos," would appear to imply an Arctic habitat, and the use of "silver fox" is corroboratory. However, "Vulpes articos" is not a scientifically valid taxonomy, and the use of the phrase appears to be an error on the part of the shipping company.

Fady

Wild Animals

Fady D. Isho