Wilderness Survival / Primitive Skills/survival tips

Do you have a website/blog/ebook that contains some of your great knowledge about survival skills? Your Doomsday Prepper’s episode was the only one I took notes from and I would love to learn more from you. Thank you

Winter Skills Class
Winter Skills Class  
We run a school here in Maine and also have an apprenticeship program.  Our staff botanist, Arthur Haines, is working on two more volumes of "Ancestral Plants".  I wrote the foreward and shared experiences with Arthur.  My book, "The Invisible School" is more how to share the skills and is still in manuscript form.  Our Youtube Videos are on the channel "primitiveskills" and our school website is www.primitiveskills.com.  We are also on facebook as Maine Primitive Skills School.  Hope this helps.  There are some older blog articles on the website and I'll be starting up the monthly news letter again after hunting season.  Much Respect.

Wilderness Survival / Primitive Skills

Michael James Douglas

I can answer questions about wilderness survival, primitive skills, bushcraft, mentoring, outdoor education, nature, awareness and tracking. The subsets of these skill areas are vast and include Shelter Building, dressing for the out of doors, fiber arts, wild crafting, making cordage from plants, trees, and animal parts, flint knapping and stone tools, bone tool making, crafting and using hunting tools from the landscape, tracking, trailing, track interpretation, edible, medicinal, and utilitarian plants, trees, and shrubs, primitive pottery, fermentation, fungi for food and medicine, identifying hazards, movement, camouflage, and concealment, making baskets and containers, water gathering and purification, using bird language to read the landscape for survival needs and the movement/location of other living things on the landscape, primitive/modern navigation, fire making off the landscape, fire by friction, ice lenses, and approaches to survival atttude.

Student of Survival and Primitive Skills since 1980. Founded The Maine Primitive Skills School. Have been sharing and learning skills professionally since August 4, 1989. Studied with Tom Brown jr., Charles Worsham, Paul Rezendes, Jon Young, Mark Elbroch, Arnie Neptune, Ray Rietze, and all of the students, volunteers, interns, instructors, and staff at The Maine Primitive Skills School and the schools that have been started by its community. We go on full survival outings at least twice a year to build community and develop our skill sets. New instructors are allowed to bring a metal knife. These trips usually last between 5 and 10 days. We have also been weaving in permaculture and sustainable land management concepts at our main campus.

New England Environmental Educators Alliance Maine Environmental Educators Alliance

MAMLE-Middle Association of Middle Level Education Ancestral Plants-A Primitive Skills Guide to Important Edible, Medicinal, and Udeful Plants of the Northeast.

B.S. University of Maine, College of Education, Environmental Education USMC-Numerous military Survival Schools (SERE, JWS, Cold Weather) Tracker School (16 courses from 1989-2003) Kamana (Wilderness Awareness School) Paul Resendez (numerous Tracking Workshops)

Vigil Honor-BSA-1984 Primitive Skills in the Modern Classroom-1992 Volunteers of America Star Award-2002

U.S. Military Unity College Bowdoin College Colby College Scouting Maine Conservation School 4H