Wildlife/Robin's nest in hanging plant

Fiona84 wrote at 2014-06-05 00:50:53
What a beautiful response. I am currently watching a robin family grow in my hanging plant. The little creatures are just adorable. I check every night to make sure momma is resting in the basket, on her nest of babies, safe and sound. I have decided to just let the flowers go. Messing with the precious cycle of life is not worth the measly $25. I plan to get a new one if the plant doesn't come back to life after the nest has been abandoned and it's safe to approach.  Plus, it's sure not worth the risk of getting the babies wet/cold  or causing additional stressing to the busy parenting birds. My worry surrounds the babies falling out or practicing flight. How do they get back into the nest? I'm so worried because these babes are growing so fast and it's going to happen soon.  

Can answer On Subjects: Care of orphan / injured birds especially Starlings and House Sparrows/Finches. Care of most small seed, fruit and insect eating birds. Care of some reptiles. Non-Toxic species only. Specifically worked with constrictors (Rosy Boas) and common 'garden' snakes such as as rat and Gopher snakes, Florida Tortoises and Florida and mid-western US box turtles Cannot instruct individuals to care for themselves (long term): Federally protected species

Lifelong experience doing hands on and self-motivated research on animal care. Game and Wildlife specialist; State of Florida (certified)1980's-1990's Veterinary tech for a State University school of Veterinary Medicine 1980's-1900's Volunteer Wildlife Centers and Veterinary offices in emergency and orphaned baby bird care 2000-now

Online organizations/group dedicated to wildlife care

College On the job certification and education (State University) Volunteer with large Audubon group for the rescue of tortoise habitat Life-long volunteer in wildlife care.