Wildlife/Orange throated humming bird

justaskpat wrote at 2011-06-01 22:48:08
I just saw a little orange throated hummer in my back yard.  I live in Moyock NC.  Usually we see ruby's.  I've never seen and orange and googled it and ended up here.  this year, from the very return of them,  we are getting the tiniest hummers I've ever seen.  It's amazing.

Bruce in Vermont wrote at 2012-08-08 17:42:19
I just saw an orange-throated hummingbird yesterday, 8/7/12, at Island Pond, VT, which is in the northeast corner of Vermont about 20 miles from Canada.  It had a very bright orange throat.

annie wrote at 2013-05-23 14:12:16
I live in ohio...and this spring I put the hummingbird feeders out..and started to take pic's...and when I down loaded them I found an orange throated hummingbird...I have never seen one in my 48 yrs...he seems to guard the feeder... I have many pic's already of him...plus many others..

Wildlife

Silver