Wildlife/What is the average length of a Lion's tongue?

Do males have longer tongues? Would you say it is 10 inches? 15 inches?

Good day Jack

I am extremely sorry that you had to wait for your answer.

The average length of a Lion's tongue is roughly 12 inches (1 foot). On average males have longer tongues that females, but it is not that much (on average about 1 inch longer than females).

If you have any other questions regarding any African Wildlife species, please feel free to contact me, and I will be glad to answer them as accurately as possible.

Jan Basson

I can answer most questions regarding wildlife which includes birds, mammals and marine wildlife within Southern Africa. I have recently also completed my studies in Wildlife Management, and will be able to answer questions regarding relocation of animals, some animal diseases, and habitat management. Please do not ask me about any other animals which is not within Southern Africa. I do not answer questions regarding domestic animals.

I have got a few years experience in Game Ranging and Field Guiding. Some Experience in Astonomy, Marine Biology and Wildlife Management.

I am a member of the Honorary Rangers of South Africa. I also have my own Game Ranging / Safari Company.

Certificates in Game Ranging, Field Guiding, Astronomy, Trials Guiding, Marine Biology and Wildlife Management