Wildlife Damage Control/Pest in Wall

My home is 8 years old and since it has been built, I have had something which I think is mice living in my bedroom wall. I am at my wits end. I have hired countless wildlife,pest control companies. All have confirmed they are not in the living space but in the walls. Last spring I had 2 of my bedroom walls gutted out and we saw two,quarter size wholes in the wall frame. I then had spray foam insulation but in those walls. Little did I know the company I used their spay foam product dd not expand to fill the wall void.

I then had a contractor place metal flashing under the siding all the way around the house. Guess what, they're back!  I've been trying to pay attention to their behavior. They make a lot of noise during the day hours and they're pretty quiet at night, some bumps at night but not nearly as much noise as they make during the day. I bang on the walls, they'll stop making noise for a few minutes.

Do you think I'm dealing with mice? Any suggestions for getting rid of them?  I do have pictures of the whole in the wall I believe they chewed, and a picture of the predator.  

Please help, I feel like I'm going insane!

Mice is certainly a likely suspect. But without more data I can't swear to it. Not sure what the picture of the predator is for.

I am puzzled as to why the pest control companies couldn't resolve the problem. Mouse control is really not all that complicated. I suspect your expectations may have been too high. Unless you completely change the habitat of the area and/or tighten your home, it is very likely you will have mice year after year. So control will have to annual.

I would hope that would have been explained to you. Here are several publications I have written that you need to read. Their free. Once you have read them you will have a better background to ask follow up questions assuming the publications don't answer your problem. Follow all state and local laws.

Wildlife Damage Control

Stephen M. Vantassel

I can assist the public in responding to all kinds of wildlife related problems in the United States and Canada, including birds, mice, rats, skunks, raccoons, beavers, opossums, voles, moles, chipmunks, woodchucks, pocket gophers, and more. Please note that I specialize in vertebrates only, (animals with a backbone). While learning about insects, other experts should be consulted with insect questions. My passion is wildlife damage identification, for if you don't know what animal is causing the problem, you can't begin to resolve it responsibly. My latest book is the Wildlife Damage Inspection Handbook 3rd edition (2012). It is available at my site http://wildlifecontrolconsultant.com or by visiting my various vendors. (A simple internet search on the book's title will bring you to them).

I was a full time animal damage controller for over 5 years and a part-time animal damage controller for over 10. I have been a volunteer for AllExperts.com for over 5 years under the Pest Control Category, when they graciously created a new category that better suited my experience (I don't answer bug questions). I was a licensed animal controller in both Massachusetts, Connecticut and Nebraska. I presently run the Internet Center for Wildlife Damage Management for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, http://icwdm.org and http://wildlifecontrolconsultant.com.

National Wildlife Control Operators Association, Community Integrated Pest Management group at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

I have published multiple books, including The Wildlife Removal Handbook rev. ed. and the Wildlife Damage Inspection Handbook 3rd ed. Additionally, I have written dozens of articles which have appeared in Wildlife Control Technology Magazine, Fur-Fish & Game, The Trapper, The Fur Taker, The Probe, and others. I have co-authored wildlife related publications for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension program and was responsible for revising the handbook designed for the Pest Controllers looking to obtain their category 14 license.

I was a trapper education instructor for the state of Massachusetts, and have attended a variety of conferences and trainings, including but not limited to Vertebrate Pest Conference, Wildlife Damage Management Conference, National Wildlife Control Association national conference, Wildlife Control Technology Conference. I have not only attended these meetings but have also been privileged to have been a speaker. I have received the National Wildlife Control Operators Association Educator of the Year Award in 2008 and 2012.

Certified Wildlife Control Operator (2001), Academy Certified Professional (2008), Master NWCOA Instructor (2012)

I have helped thousands of people around the U. S. through my work at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Wildlife Control Consultant. Specific tasks include: Ghost writing, Research, Expert Witness, Writing Training Manuals, Public speaking at Conferences, Workshops, and Trainings