Wildlife Damage Control/Skunk removal

Question
I have read differnet questions to you regarding skunk removal. In most of those questions they have asked yo what type of "food" to use in trapping them. You nor any of the refferences that you recommend seem to answer this particular question.  What would be the best thing to put in a live trap to draw a skunk into it?

Answer
By "live trap" I assume you mean cage or box traps. I don't suggest footholds (another live trap) to be used by people not experienced with them.

You didn't provide me with any context for the trapping. Do you have access to the den entrance? If so, why use bait at all? Just use a 2 door cage trap, covered with a cloth and barricade the sides to force the skunk to walk through the cage. No bait needed at all.

Location is far more important than bait. Never make bait do what moving the trap to a better location will do.
Otherwise, if you seek to trap random skunks walking through your yard, I would suggest fried chicken skin. Be prepared to catch other animals though.

Additional info on skunk control and deodorizing can be found by googling "Stephen M. Vantassel, skunk, deodorizing, UNL"  

Wildlife Damage Control

Stephen M. Vantassel