Wildlife Damage Control/feral cats

Question
QUESTION: I been a ny state wild life trapper for 36 years.  I have 4 feral cats that I've been taken care of.  I've trapped them to be be fixed and checked.  I would like to retire and move to Florida. One I can pick up and carry.  The others only get so many feet but would run in a second.  They are to smart for traps now.  How can I trap them and transport them to Florida?  Thank you so much for your time.  Fred

ANSWER: Fred,
Cats can be trapped but you will need to use different tactics to catch them. May I suggest getting a copy of my book. The practical guide to the control of feral cats.

In the meantime wire the doors open and put food in the cages till they get comfortable.

QUESTION: Thank you very much for your reply.  These cats would feed off the neighbors garage before they will stick their head into a box trap again.  They have also witness not only themselves trapped inside one but countless of raccoons, squirrels and possums that I caught in the car port.  Do you know of any other types of traps for cats and raccoons that are trap shy? Have you ever heard of any company that transports animals out of state?  I think other trappers have the same problem.  Once again I thank you for your time. I will buy that book yours too.  Yours Truly Fred Tarantino of Freds Chimney Magic inc. Chow

Answer
I am not aware of any companies that transport animals. But I would think a quick Google should resolve that. Of course I would suggest not transporting them at all. If you are determined be sure to follow regs for your target state.

As for cage/box trapping the key is to make sure it doesn't look like a trap.  

Wildlife Damage Control

Stephen M. Vantassel