Windows 2000/adding partitions to windows 2000

QUESTION: Is it possible to add more partitions on the same disk to windows 2000 pro if space is avialable for the same os?

ANSWER: Hi Kirk,

It sounds like you have one hard drive and two or more partitions. If that's the case, you can use a freeware like Easeus Partition Master to merge those partitions into one large partition. You can download it at:

I still recommend backing up your data even though the software says you can do the merging without any data loss.

QUESTION: Actually I have 10 GB and windows 2000 on it and 30 GB left unpartioned.  Is it possible to use the rest of the 30 GB to add on the existing os.

Hi Kirk,

You should be able to use Easeus Partition Master to merge the partitions. See below for step by step instructions on how to do this:

Again, I suggest backing up your data just in case something goes wrong.

Windows 2000

Kevin Hou

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science