Windows 7/lost Word file

Question
Hello,
I hope you can help me locate my lost file. First of all, I'm working in Windows 7 and Word 2010. I downloaded files from an FTP site of a company I work for in India. I proceeded to work on it and at some point saved it with a new name. When I looked for it this morning after turning on my computer I could not find it in the folder it should have been in. I then did a search for it, but nothing was found, after which I looked for it in my App data file. Nothing there. I don't know where else to look or how to find it. Thank you.
Jodi

Answer
Hi Jodi,

If the Always create backup copy option is selected, there may be a backup copy of the file.

To find the backup copy of the file, follow these steps:
1.Locate the folder in which you last saved the missing file.
2.Search for files with the .wbk file name extension.

Search manually
1.On the File menu, click Recent.
2.Click Recover Unsaved Documents.

Search for temporary files
1.Click Start; type .tmp in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
2.On the Show only toolbar, click Other.
3.Scroll through the files and search for files that match the last few dates and times that you edited the document.

Using the method above, also use:
1.Click Start; type ~ in the Start Search box to search for Tilde files.

Kind Regards,
Steve

Windows 7

Steve