Windows 7/slow speed while copying 3gb .iso file to usb

slow speed while copying 3gb .iso file to usb

Hello Sagar

An .iso file is a highly compressed image file and as you are stating it is 3 gb in size, transferring this should take, I should think quite possibly 10 minutes, depending on the USB drive you are saving it to.  If it is a USB Flash drive, it will depend on the memory speed and if it is a USB external drive then it may also depend on your USB device itself. Whether it is transferring at USB 2.0 speed or less. You can check your device manager (click on start and enter device manager in the search window and click on the resulting device manager program) If you see any yellow exclamation points, especially next to the USB device then it is quite probable that you will need to update your computers's chipset software.  To start with you could click on the device that has the exclamation point and REMOVE the device, and then restart your computer, allowing windows to re-detect the device and quite possibly fix the problem. If you do not see any yellow exclamation point next to any device then the problem is quite simply the speeds of the units you are using and the fact that it is such a large file.

Hope this helps

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.